TNT will have more scripted dramas than any other basic cable network this summer with the premieres of nine original series and one unscripted series.
There will be five returning scripted series including Rizzoli & Isles, Major Crimes, Perception, Dallas, Falling Skies and Franklin & Bash. The network will launch new series Murder in the First, The Last Ship and Legends. Cold Justice, an unscripted series, will return as well for its second season as well.
“This summer TNT is continuing to expand and energize its line-up with both returning audience favorites and new series that speak to the future direction of our brand promise: If you love drama that thrills, turn to TNT,” said Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). “We’re excited to offer our audience a variety of programming – action-adventure, crime-drama, mystery and suspense – all delivering on our promise to take viewers on a thrilling ride and leave them satisfied at the end.”
This summer it will all kick off with the season premiere Major Crimes followed by Murder in the First.
“Murder in the First is unique among TNT’s crime-dramas by focusing on one intense, complicated case across an entire season, with several surprises and twists along the way,” Wright said. “Created by Steven Bochco, one of the most successful and acclaimed television producers of all time, Murder in the First is the kind of drama that viewers will want to follow from the beginning.”
Below is a complete list of the premiere dates and series.
- Major Crimes premieres at 9 p.m. (ET/PT). The series stars Mary McDonnell, GW Bailey, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz, Kearran Giovanni and Jonathan Del Arco. Graham Patrick Martin will return to the series. Executive producers on the series are James Duff, Greer Shephard and Michael M. Robin, Rick Wallace, Adam Belanoff and Leo Geter. The Shephard/Robin Company and Walking Entropy, Inc. produce the series.
- Murder in the First premieres at 10 p.m. (ET/PT). The series is co-created by Emmy winner Steven Bocho along with Eric Lodal. It stars Taye Diggs, Kathleen Robertson, Tom Felton, Mimi Kirckland, Raphael Sbarge, Lombardo Boyar, Ian Anthony Dale, Bess Rous, Nicole Ari Parker, Currie Graham, Richard Schiff, James Cromwell and Steven Webber. TNT Originals produces the series with Bocho and Lodal as executive producers.
- Rizzoli & Isles premieres at 9 p.m. (ET/PT). The series stars Angie Harmon, Sasha Alexander, Jordan Bridges, Bruce McGill and Lorraine Bracco. Warner Horizon Television and Bill Haber’s Ostar Productions produce the series. Haber, Michael Katleman and showrunner Jan Nash serve as executive producers.
- Perception premieres at 10 p.m. (ET/PT). The series stars Eric McCormack, Rachael Leigh Cook, Arjay Smith, Kelly Rowan, LeVar Burton and Scott Wolf will join as a regular this season. ABC Studios produce the series with creators Ken Biller and Michael Sussman as executive producers along with Amanda Green. McCormack serves as producer.
- Cold Justice premieres at 8 p.m. (ET/PT). The reality series follows former prosecutor Kelly Siegler and former crime-scene investigator Yolanda McClary. Wolf Films and Magical Elves produce the reality series for TNT. Dick Wolf, Dan Cutforth & Jane Lipsitz and Tom Thayer are executive producers.
- The Last Ship premieres at 9 p.m. (ET/PT). The series stars Eric Dane, Rhona Mitra, Adam Baldwin, Travis Van Winkle, Charles Parnell, Christina Elmore, Sam Spruell and Marissa Neitling. Platinum Dunes and its partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form produce the series. Michael Bay executive produces along with Fuller, Form, Hank Steinberg, Steven Kane, and director Jack Bender.
- Falling Skies premieres at 10 p.m. (ET/PT). It stars Noah Wyle, Moon Bloodgood, Will Patton, Drew Roy, Connor Jessup, Maxim Knight, Colin Cunningham, Seychelle Gabriel, Mpho Koaho, Sarah Carter, Dough Jones and Scarlett Byrne. Amblin Television executive produces the series with Steven Spielberg, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank, David Eick and Greg Beeman.
- Dallas premieres at 9 p.m. (ET/PT). It stars Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Song, Mitch Pileggi, Emma Bell and Juan Pablo Di Pace will be a regular. It guest stars Ken Kercheval, Judith Light, Kuno Becker, Marlene Forte and AnnaLynne McCord. Executive producers are Cynthia Cidre, M. Robin, Robert Rovner and Bruce Rasmussen.
- Legends premiers at 9 p.m.(ET/PT). It stars Sean Bean, Ali Larter, Morris Chestnut, Tina Majorino, Steve Harris, Amber Valletta and Mason Cook. Fox 21 produces the series with Howard Gordon, Alexander Cary, and Jonathan Levin and Brad Turner as executive producers. Showrunner David Wilcox also serves as executive producer.
- Franklin & Bash premieres at 10 p.m. (ET/PT). The series stars Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Breckin Meyer, Malcolm McDowell and Reed Diamond. Joining the cast will be Toni Trucks and Anthony Ordonez. Four Sycamore Productions, Left Coast Productions and FanFare Productions produce the series with Sony Pictures Television. Executive producers are Jamie Tarses, Kevin Falls, Jack Clements and Bill Chais.