CBS All Access has announced the date, panels, and guests for the first-ever Star Trek Day, Deadline has confirmed. Star Trek Day, a virtual celebration of the entire Star Trek franchise, will be live streamed via StarTrek.com on September 8th – 54 years after the premiere of the pilot for Star Trek: The Original Series.
The live-streamed event will be home to 8 panels, covering nine different series from the Star Trek universe. The first panel will cover the upcoming third season of Star Trek: Discovery, offering new previews and appearances from Discovery lead actress Sonequa Martin-Green (Orange is the New Black) and newcomer David Ajala (Supergirl) alongside executive producers and show runners Alex Kurtzman (Transformers) and Michelle Paradise (The Originals). The panel will air at 12 PM PDT/3 PM EST.
The third panel will offer the first-ever look at the brand-new series Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. This series is partially a spin-off of Discovery, and partially a continuation of the original rejected pilot for The Original Series. The series’ main characters are taken from that pilot, but made their debuts with new actors on Discovery. In attendance will be the lead actors Anson Mount (Non-Stop), Rebecca Romijn (X-Men), and Ethan Peck (10 Things I Hate About You). Executive producers Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind) and Henry Alonso Myers (Ugly Betty) and co-executive producers Akela Cooper (Luke Cage) and Davy Perez (Supernatural) will also attend the panel. It will go live at 1 PM PDT/4 PM EST.
Star Trek: Lower Decks will be the focus of the seventh panel at 2:40 PM PDT/5:40 PM EST. The panel will present previews and facts about the rest of the currently-airing first season. Lead voice actors Tawny Newsome (Space Force), Jack Quaid (The Hunger Games), Noël Wells (Master of None) and Eugene Cordero (Steven Universe) and executive producer, show runner and creator Mike McMahan (Solar Opposites) will appear.
The following panels are retrospectives, with cast and crew discussing the impact and legacy of their series:
- The second panel at 12:30 PM PDT/3:30 PM EST will cover Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, with appearances from cast Cirroc Lofton (CSI: Miami) Terry Farrell (Becker), Armin Shimerman (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Alexander Siddig (Game of Thrones), Nana Visitor (Wildfire), and executive producer Ira Steven Behr (Outlander).
- The fourth panel at 1:30 PM PDT/4:30 PM EST will feature George Takei (Avatar: the Last Airbender) and Rod Roddenberry (son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry) as they reminiscence on the creation and impact of Star Trek: The Original Series.
- The fifth panel at 2 PM PDT/5 PM EST will focus on Star Trek: Voyager, celebrating the 25th anniversary of the series. The stars of Voyager, including Kate Mulgrew (Cheers), Robert Picardo (Total Recall), Robert McNeill (Chuck), Garrett Wang (All-American Girl), Tim Russ (iCarly) and Ethan Phillips (Benson) will attend.
- The sixth panel at 2:30 PM PDT/5:30 PM EST will feature lead actors Scott Bakula (Quantum Leap), Linda Park (Bosch), John Billingsley (True Blood), Dominic Keating (Desmond’s), Anthony Montgomery (General Hospital) and Connor Trinneer (Stargate Atlantis) as they reflect on Star Trek: Enterprise.
- The eighth and final panel starting at 3:05 PM PDT/6:05 PM EST will feature Star Trek: the Next Generation stars Patrick Stewart (Logan) and Jonathan Frakes (Gargoyles) reminiscing on their time with the series and how they evolved their portrayals of their classic characters for Star Trek: Picard.
Beginning at 12 AM PDT/3 AM EST on the 8th, CBS All Access will launch a 24 hour free marathon of Star Trek shows for United States viewers. The marathon will include episodes from Star Trek: The Animated Series, The Original Series, The Next Generation, Picard, Discovery, Lower Decks, Voyager, Enterprise, Deep Space Nine and Short Treks.
All of the aforementioned shows are available for streaming on CBS All Access with a paid subscription. Check out the trailer for the event below.