Hit series Extreme Weight Loss will premiere on Tuesday, May 27 and ABC has announced the 17 participants of the new season.
Extreme Weight Loss is a non-competitive weight-loss show that will document the yearlong journey of the participants. The series will have 13 stand-alone, two-hour episodes where participants not only make a physical change but also change as individuals. Through the right diet, exercise and guidance from Extreme Weight Loss, they gain a fresh perspective.
This season the participants include a mother and son, a football coach, and a father and daughter to name a few. This season the show will take on a unique approach when the participants spend the first 90 days of their weight loss journey at the renowned University of Colorado’s Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) in Aurora, CO.
The trainers for the show are Chris Powell and his wife, Heidi. Also part of the show is AHWC’s medical director Holly Wyatt, MD, associate professor of mdicine at the University of Colorado. Together they will help participants safetly lose up to half their body weight.
Eyeworks USA produces Extreme Weight Loss. Executive producers on the show are JR Roth, Todd A. Nelson, Matt Assmus and Brant Pinvidic.
Extreme Weight Loss premieres on Tuesday, May 27 from 8:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT.
Below is a list of participants:
- Charita & Ty (Colorado Springs, CO; Oklahoma City, OK) – Charita is a mother of three who wants to dance again. Ty is a baseball prospect who could get a professional contract if he gets under 300lbs. (This episode will be the first in the shows history where participants go head-to-head and only one makes it to the final weigh-in.)
- Kathie & Josh (Charlotte, NC) – A mother and son team.
- Bruce (Salt Lake City, UT) – A football coach who also wants to confront his past.
- Jeff & Juliana (Denver, CO) – A father and daughter team with a strained relationship.
- Jayce (Nashville, TN) – A country songwriter t who wants to take the stage.
- Melissa (Shadyside, OH) – A widow to an Afghanistan war veteran who committed suicide as a result of PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.)
- David (St. Louis, MO) – A gourmet chef who is unable to shake the guilt he feels for his brother and sister’s deaths.
- Brandi (Atlanta, GA) – Former pageant queen who wants to regain her beauty.
- Georgeanna (Tulsa, OK) – A pastor’s wife who gave up her dreams to be a mother.
- Sara (Owensboror, KY) – The first “little person” on the show.
- Cassie (Milwaukee, WI) – Wants to lose weight and meet the son she gave up for adoption.
- Rod (Tallahassee, FL) – A drama teacher who wants to come out as being gay and go after his dream of being an actor.
- Christy & Kenny (Las Vegas, NV; Oklahoma City, OK) – Christy is a former victim of bullying who tried committing suicide as a result. Kenny is a former Marine who wants to make his kids proud. (Only one will make it to the final weigh in and one is the first participant to get kicked off the show.)